The American Dietetic Association has declared March as National Nutrition Month®. The theme is “Eat Right with Color." What does that statement mean to you? If you painted a picture of your weekly diet, how many colors would your picture have? Are French fries your favorite vegetable?
Throughout the month of March, the Food and Nutrition departments at LifeBridge Health are hoping to color your minds, plates and palettes as we explore what it means to “Eat Right with Color."
The following activities will be happening next month at LifeBridge Health!
- Food Drive - ARAMARK and the Maryland Food Bank have teamed up to collect non-perishable food items for donation.
- Healthy Recipe Contest - submitted recipes will be combined into an environmentally friendly E-Cookbook to share with LifeBridge Health friends and family!
- Employee Kids Coloring Contest, Ages 13 and under (Sinai and Northwest) – get your families involved and teach your children the importance of eating right with color! Completed pictures will be on display at both Sinai and Northwest hospitals.
- Nutrition Trivia – Answer the trivia questions presented and enter your name in a raffle for a FREE COOKBOOK!
- Weekly Information Booths – Stop by and ask your registered dietitians any nutrition questions you may have, and enter your name in our FREE raffle! Pick up some new, healthy recipes to try at home!
Also, Wednesday, March 9 is Registered Dietitian Day. Don’t forget to wish the registered dietitians you know or work with a Happy RD Day!